This sassy little tinkerbell thinks its awesome being green!

This sassy little tinkerbell thinks its awesome being green!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

About me

Hello everyone. My name is Richelle J. Hudson, (Richelle stemming from the root word Richard. It is an English name which stands for good and desirable.) I am an eighteen (18) year old freshman at LaGuardia community college, who enjoys certain things such as; singing, traveling, watching television, meeting new people and spending time with family and friends. The last of nine (9) children, I was raised to believe in myself and never to depend on anyone. (Although being the youngest had its perks!) I am a Canadian by birth, but a Jamaican by any and everything one could ever think of. When I was seven (7) years old, both my mom and I moved to Jamaica where we lived for nine (9) years. In December of ’06, my mom made the wisest but most difficult decision a mother could ever make; to send me here to the United States to further my education and to make a better life for myself. My goal is to become a Child Psychologist. I have a passion for young people. Working with those who are suffering from mental, physical or emotional trauma will, I believe, help me to make a greater impact on some part of the world where people hardly see the “demons” that our young people face day by day.
Attending LaGuardia Community College is the first step in what I have come to think of the rest of my life. Moving away from my mom and my siblings help me to realize that education is much more important than anything in the world. Many people would literally kill to be in my “shoes” but will and may never get the chance to. To me, I personally believe that life is what we make it. If I choose not to make the most of my college experience, then that is my choice. I remember watching a very special episode of the Oprah Winfrey Show, where she introduced the world to her academy for girls in South Africa. Those girls had nothing. I remember two sisters who had to witness the death of their parents, while several others had to go to bed hungry. But their determination and faith surpassed anything that they could have possibly encountered. That is what we need in our society today. Those girls should be an inspiration to every young individual out there.
During this semester, fall semester 1, my class will be focusing on going green. In the words of Dr. Smith, “going green” means trying to reduce the amount of negative impact one has on the environment.” Each and every person in the class will have to do a research paper on “going green.” For me, I will be doing a paper about the kinds of food I normally eat. What I will have to do is for three (3) whole days; monitor what I let into my system. This ranges from various meals of the day. Whether it is what I consumed for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack or liquid. When I have successfully completed this, I will need to evaluate myself and see if what I consumed was healthy for me or if it was indeed a harmful substance to my body. I think this is a healthy exercise that even one (1) person in our society should try to exercise.

4 comments:

Mary. said...

richelle, I like your name.

C. Jason Smith said...

You are now live on my site! Now, get to postin'!

Mary. said...

It's beautiful! Did you go there on 12th? or you posted the picture on that day?
Go green! sis!

suhail33 said...

The picz look great and i got your right adress now lol..