This sassy little tinkerbell thinks its awesome being green!

This sassy little tinkerbell thinks its awesome being green!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Favorite Dish

After I finished posting what I had eaten on Saturday, I noticed that I wasnt supposed to be giving out the cooking method yet...oops! what I was supposed to do was name the types of food I usually eat and describe my favorite meal in detail. So here goes.
My favorite meal of all time I would have to say is Rice and Peas and Ox Tail. Every time that aroma streams past my nose I get weak. My knees begin to buckle and my tummy gets tied up in knots. I know this might sound a little funny to you, but that is what good food does to a person. I mean if you have never had such an experience when it comes to food, then I have to tell you there is something going seriously wrong in your life. I'm talking about the type of meal that makes your mouth begin to water. A dish that is so well put together that when one begins to look at it, they cant help but want to eat it. Rice piled high on one side of the plate (yup, I do tend to pack a very tight meal) and the beautiful, scrumptious, golden brown Ox tail on the other side, gravy running from side to side, through and through. As a kid growing up I could hardly ever wait for Chrismas, my birthday or any other special event. If when that meal was cooked and Rice and peas and Ox tail was not included, I would often go on a hunger strike. Of course my mom would often scold some sense into me, but eh, what the heck! There has only been one other dish that I have enjoyed as much as this. Steam fish with Jamaican Okra. Now for those who have eaten this dish, you know what I am talking about. The okra steamed in the belly of the fish with all of its tasty, slimy and juicy contents oozing out.

Being a Jamaican, our food is slightly different from the American food. Our rich culture provides us with so many dishes whether African or Indian, and so that helps to make our food so much more diverse as a people living in a small island. I think I am going stop now. Just talking about all this food is making me hungry again.

No comments: