This sassy little tinkerbell thinks its awesome being green!

This sassy little tinkerbell thinks its awesome being green!

Friday, October 26, 2007

Going Green

Well i must say that the idea of "going green" in the first part of the semester was a really exciting and awesome thing to me. It was new, and therefore it had to be fun. Now I just get sick and tired of this ( if Professor Smith is reading this, and I know he is, do not pay close attention to the following). When once upon a time you would get an assignment from a teacher to do over the weekend, you would normally do it and hand it in, just like that...well maybe not for every teenager. lol. But now with all the technology that has increased, things are no longer like that. You have a nice weekend awaiting you but because of the fact that you can be sent homework over the internet, it automatically means that you have to continually check your mail whether it be e-mail or netmail, and just in case you forget you are screwed. That really can put a damper on things. Then there are the deadlines. I am from Jamaica and although we have the advantage of computers over there like the rest of the world, you could also say we are very "backward" to say the least. Until I came to this country I have never used a computer before. I mean other than the fact that I would play games on my sister's work computer, I never had access to one. Due to this, I am not very accustomed to going paperless. Paper was all I had at one point. So for me to be doing every thing on this wretched computer that crashes, shut down and malfunctions every chance it gets, I am surprised I have not lost my cool as yet.
Now I know that I am doing this all for a very good cause and I should just suck it up and quit complaining, but let's face it. I am a human and that's how we are. Sacrifice for good is one hell of a thing. It's so easy to do the wrong things that doing right seems so hard. I have however taken my first step toward making my contribution toward society. I have convinced my mom to trade out the other light bulbs for fluorescent bulbs (energy saving), and I am very glad to report that she has fallen in love with them. Not only are they brighter but they are said to cost less than the regular ones. I on't know how much I can do but as my mom normally says "every little counts."

3 comments:

Samantha said...

hey I understand your point here , some times it is annoying doing everything online. Blackboard is always working slow and goes down a lot. But we need to just deal with it, it will be worth it in the end. And plus we are helping to make a difference.

La'Relle said...

Yesssss, I defenitley agree, It is kind of annoying

lordlyn:) said...

Going Green .. i never really gave much thought to it before this classs. but i guess its something we as a whole should definitly do. im also not acoustumed to going gree but i dont think its going to be hard. This course had definitly changed my perspective on things and the way i do things. :) Go Green !